Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Possible Kate billboard in Europe (was Re: KATE NEWS)

From: lishka@cernvax.cern.ch (christopher lishka)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1991 01:00:10 -0700
Subject: Possible Kate billboard in Europe (was Re: KATE NEWS)
To: rec-music-gaffa@cernvax.cern.ch
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <91Sep21.145406pdt.436444@wiretap.Spies.COM> MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU writes:

>She related that she had seen a HUGE billboard for the Tour of Life,
>um, was it in Paris or Geneva?

Well, I work at CERN, which is very close to Geneva.  I go downtown a
lot, and my wife is currently taking French courses at the University
of Geneva.  Neither of us have seen any posters for the "Tour of
Life", but then again Geneva has a lot nooks and crannies.  It doesn't
seem to be in any of the real popular spots in downtown Geneva.

>One of those French-speaking places, let's see...

There tend to be a lot of French-speaking places around here!

>Well, I'm going back to those places soon, if I find it again I'll try to
>remember where it is...

Post it if you find it.

>I know it has to have been in Paris, because Kate didn't play in Geneva.

Has she played in Europe recently at all?  Does anyone know anything
about a European tour?  I have never seen her in concert, and would
jump at any opportunity to.  Unfortunately, the alternative music
scene around Geneva isn't too great (the Swiss aren't into that kind
of music, I guess).

						.oO Chris Oo.

--
 Christopher Lishka                  Smiling as the shit comes down
 Wisconsin Group, CERN               You can tell a man from what he has to say