Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stop it before it starts!

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1991 02:06:00 -0700
Subject: Stop it before it starts!
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Vickie here, David writes:

> Happy's _Warpaint_ CD is superbly recorded, engineered, and mixed.

I agree with this, of course.

> Kate's TSW CD displays recording, engineering and mixing that are,
> to be kind, *below par*!

*I'll* say it this time. David, you forgot to add the very important "IMHO."
I *don't* agree with this, but my love for TSW has been well-documented
in the pages of gaffa, so I won't go into it again.

It's silly and useless to compare the albums, either sonically, musically,
lyrically or vocally. That will lead to nothing but another stupid flame
war. I love both albums. That's where I stand.

I do find it interesting that _Warpaint_ was recorded for about $10,000 and
is sonically beautiful. I'm sure TSW cost a lot more (don't know how much)
but it too is (IMHO) a beautiful album.

> What is wrong here?

Let's not get into another Happy blowup, *please*!!! The only thing "wrong"
is that Happy isn't as well-known as she deserves to be. That has nothing
to do with Kate. Kate's had some great breaks and Happy hasn't. That has
nothing to do with Happy.

PLEASE LET'S NOT START A HAPPY WAR AGAIN!!!! It's a waste of time and energy.
It hurts Happy and perceptions people have of her fans.

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us