Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TSW

From: samsung!bsbbs!nrc@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1991 10:23:19 -0700
Subject: Re: TSW
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

brianb@natinst.COM (Brian Bloom) writes:

> In article <Sep.17.00.31.51.1991.22545@athos.rutgers.edu> jessica@athos.rutge

> guitar solo.  So I payed attention and the DJ identified the song as Kate
> Bush (WHO?) with David Gilmour on guitar.  Well, being a Floyd fan I had to
> check this out and got TSW, which I'll still argue is my favorite album.

If you're a Gilmour completest be sure to pick up Warren Zevon's
_Transverse City_.  It's not as good as _Sentimental Hygiene_ but its
best track, _Run Straight Down_, features Gilmour's guitar work to
excellent effect.  Gilmour's talents are used much more effectively
than on _Love and Anger_ and perhaps even as well as on _Rocket's Tail_.
It's sort of an bitter, mournful wail drifting across an ecologically
devastated futurescape.

Speaking of Zevon, _Mr. Bad Example_ should be arriving soon.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP