Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KATE BUSH NEWS

From: samsung!bsbbs!robyn@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Tracy Robyn Somervill)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1991 07:03:57 -0700
Subject: KATE BUSH NEWS
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Cc: samsung!Robyn@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

    Hello, everyone. It's September 18th, 5:50 p.m. West Coast Canada
time and I have some Kate new. Nothing spectacular, so stop drooling.
    I recieved today in the mail the new KBC Newsletter, which was mailed
on the 13th of Sept. Unfortunately, it doesn't say much. Absolutely
nothing about the new album or any kind of release date. It does,
however, talk about the release of the long awaited Elton John "covers".
It will be released in Britain and Europe on October 14th and in the USA
on the 21st. The album title is TWO ROOMS, which includes Kate's cover
version of "Rocket Man". There will be a tiny clip of this song included
in the TV advertising campaign. Kate will not be in the video.
    Guido Harari is releasing a books of photographs called GUIDO HARARI:
FOTOGRAFIE IN MUSICA. Kate is on the cover and has two double page
spreads inside. There are 176 pages including Peter Gabriel, Sinead
O'Connor, Eric Clapton, Elton John, etc... It will be launched at a big
exhibition in Milan, Italy on October 15th. Get in touch with VIRGIN
MEGASTORE for copies.
    Kate has recorded a new interview for Radio One of "Classic Albums".
It is the HOL interview and is to be broadcast some time in Autumn. Check
The Radio Times for a listing.
    Re-release of Peter Reich's A BOOK OF DREAMS in paperback, correct
address: PENGUIN USA, 120 Woodbine St., Bergenfield, New Jersey 07621
USA. And a first edition hard backed copy was obtained by Dave Hodgkinson
at D.C. BOOKS, 5 Exeter Drive, Spalding, Lincs. PE11-2DY UK.
    There was also a merchandise flyer with the NL. Items available for
sale are: KBC back issues of 1,2,5,8,11,13,18,19 & 23. A "Sensual World"
poster by Debi Bowes. The 1979 Tour Programme (for the LAST time) and the
new KT logo shirt navy blue with red. If you're interested in any of
these items, contact the KBC pronto! KBC, P.O. Box 120, Welling, Kent,
DA16-3DS UK. No doubt everything will go fast.
    Other than that, the NL doesn't say anything else.
    I have also received LONE STAR LIONHEARTS third issue. I DO NOT like
to put down Kate NL's but LSL hasn't really anything to do with Kate.
Nice cover (er, nice photo on cover), and other than that it's pretty
boring. I still want to know what Nancy cartoons have to do with
Kate?????? My boyfriend thinks it's total garbage. !!!!!!
    THE MORNING FOG, the Japanese Kate 'zine, No.6 is all in Japanese and
I can't read it!!!! It's mostly full of photos taken from other KB
fanzines.
    KATE, the Dutch fanzine, Aug. 91, is of course all Dutch!!! All
photos taken from the KBC magazine. There is however one interesting bit
that I found amusing. Apparently British Rail has put out a new poster
and has used Kate Bush as the subject. The photo is of a small girl in
Kate's "Wuthering Heights" costume from the 1979 tour and it says the
following:
    "Kate Bush branches out for (one pound)1.
    Before they got their Family Railcard, Mr. and Mrs. Bush and their
little girl were firmly rooted to their own home town. But now they're
planning to tour the country, with Katherine and up to three of her
friends going anywhere they like and back for just (one pound)1 each. The
Railcard only costs (pounds)20 for a year. Yet it also gives up to 4
grown-ups at least a quarter off most rail fares as well. For details,
pick up a leaflet from any main British Rail station or your nearest Rail
Appointed Travel Agent."
    It's WONDERFUL! I would love to get a copy of the poster.
    Well, I suppose I've gone on for long enough so I'll sign off for
now. All the Best,
                    Robyn.

----
robyn@bsbbs.UUCP (Tracy Robyn Somervill)