Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Here we go again...

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1991 14:16:07 -0700
Subject: Here we go again...
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM

> Yo! MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU raps:
Don't you think this is getting a bit old?  :)

>>Drukman, when I listen to TKI (well, not so much as "Lionheart"),
>>no matter *how* much I love the album, and I do very much, sometimes my throat
>>starts to hurt just listening to her.
>
> Tarr, I don't understand you.  Are you implying that this is a BAD thing?

No, it's not necessarily bad... it's just something that the later albums don't
do to me, and when I listen to something, it should affect my ears and my mind
and my soul, not my tonsils, too!

> I never said anything about her vocal prowess.  It started great and remains
> pretty great...

Aw, come on, don't be afraid to use the superlatives!  They won't kill your
reputation.  It started great, and has gotten greater.  :)

> If I'm blasting a Skinny
> Puppy disc and someone comes in and says, "hey, does that singer have throat
> cancer or what?" then I know that it's a good day.

Sorry, but Skinny Puppy gives me diarrhea.  I know our musical tastes diverge
at many points, just from reading a few of your recent postings.  But I'm a
purist who likes melody in her music- and anyone who knows me can attest that
the male voice in most of its incarnations does nothing for me anyway.  (Read
the above concerning tonsils.)

> Meredith, Meredith, Meredith... it was a JOKE... they were FUNNING ON YA.
> There was an alternate European ending, but it came at the end of the two
> hour pilot movie and showed that Killer Bob had done it.  That was the only
> variation.

Gee, thanks, Jon.  Now Klaus knows for SURE .gaffa was a spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meredith Tarr			"Oh yes I know I'm always falling,
mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu	 Gazing at hazy goldfish in your swimming eyes"
Wesleyan University						-Kate Bush