Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Sensual Hounds of World Love

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1991 11:09:46 -0700
Subject: Re: The Sensual Hounds of World Love
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <1991Sep18.130726.14478@sti.com> stev0@sti.COM (Steve Berlin) writes:
>My brief synopsis of my own opinion:  TSW is not nearly as good as side
>two (9th Wave side) as Hol, but much better than side one (Boring Top
>40 side) of HoL.

Your opinion is noted and well taken.  But how can you call the first
side of HOL the "Boring Top 40 side," when only one song from that side
entered the charts at all?  Admittedly, that song, RUTH, did make the
top 40, peaking at No. 30.

And in any case, I disagree vehemently with you.  The only song on that
side that I don't like so much is "The Big Sky," which, without it's
video, does seem to be kind of boring.  But "Cloudbusting" is one of
her most beautiful songs, and the lines in RUTH where Kate sings,
"You / You and me" always bring me chills.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov