Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TKI cover

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1991 10:23:52 -0700
Subject: TKI cover
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Boris Chen inquires:
> I saw the other day an album, The Kick Inside, but it had a different
> cover. It is kinda in Japanese style writing, with KT on a Kite.
> Different than the covers I have seen with a simple portrait of her
> in jeans. I am wondering if this album is worth getting. And if it is
> different than the regular one.

i *think* i spun the current thread of fave album covers by mentioning
this cover a week ago...  this is the original british cover to TKI -- the
album itself should be identical to the u.s. release with the Kountry-
KaTe-in-a-Box cover.  it is my never so humble opinion that this
cover is *stunning* -- and it's a great picture of KaTe!  there is a
direct reference to the song "Kite", of course, but the image of KaTe
flying up into the eye of some giant being really ties the album
together for me -- so many of the songs are about KaTe discovering
and interacting with great, powerful forces, ideas, and gods...
the relatively pedestrian u.s. cover fooled me into listening
to the album as a set of relatively pedestrian pop songs at first --
the u.k. cover prepares one for something special...

> Also, I saw a picutre album of KT, and I think it is of some interview
> of her from 1987. The picture is of KT with a wicked smile holding a
> bass. It is 22 bucks, and I am wondering if it is worth it.

it's worth it if you like the picture, or if you are interested in
KollecTing KaTe-stuff.  the interviews themselves are available in
transcribed form in The Garden and Cloudbusting -- often with notes
and corrections.  around boston, $22 is on the high side for such a disk,
though not unreasonably so...

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
	"a woman drew her long black hair out tight
	 and fiddled whisper music on those strings
	 and bats with baby faces in the violet light
	 whistled, and beat their wings" -- T.S. Eliot