Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KATE BUSH's "Hounds Of Love" and "The Dreaming"

From: stevev@greylady.uoregon.edu (Steve VanDevender)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1991 10:02:16 -0700
Subject: Re: KATE BUSH's "Hounds Of Love" and "The Dreaming"
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Ron Buckmire naively questions:
>What do people think I should get next, "The Dreaming", or "Hounds Of Love"
>and are they really necessary if I have her two best albums already anyway?
Yes, yes, yes!  But I doubt many people will agree those are her
two best albums; most Love-Hounds are split between calling _The
Dreaming_ and _Hounds of Love_ her best albums.

>What is on "TD" and "HOL" that isn't on "TWS" that's any good?

Although I could resort to giving you a track list of _TD_ and
_HoL_, I will list some of my highlights from each.

Stevev's picks from _The Dreaming_:

"There Goes a Tenner"
"Pull Out the Pin"
"Suspended in Gaffa"
"All the Love"
"Houdini"
"Get Out of My House"

Stevev's picks from _Hounds of Love_:

"The Big Sky"
well, ok, the entire _The Ninth Wave_ b-side, but if I have to
pick, "Under Ice", "Waking the Witch", "Hello Earth", "The
Morning Fog".

You should also take a look at _Never For Ever_ for:

"Delius"
"Blow Away (for Bill)"
"The Infant Kiss"

If you think _The Whole Story_ has Kate's very best songs, you
are at best of odd taste or at worst a musical philistine.