Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KATE BUSH's "Hounds Of Love" and "The Dreaming"

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1991 08:29:42 -0700
Subject: Re: KATE BUSH's "Hounds Of Love" and "The Dreaming"
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.misc

Ron Buckmire writes:

[that he recently got TWS and TSW]

>What do people think I should get next, "The Dreaming", or "Hounds Of Love"
>and are they really necessary if I have her two best albums already anyway?

Where did you get the idea that TWS and TSW are KaTe's two best albums?
I know serveral people who consider TSW to be her best (they tend to be
people whose first album was TSW), but I know no one who thinks that
"The Whole Story" is her best album.  It's a collection of "greatest hits"
in the eye of the pop audience and while it surely contains many of her
great songs, it by no means contains all of them.  Many of KaTe's great songs
are simply not terribly commercial.  I can't imagine a song like "Get Out
of My House" from _The Dreaming_ being released as a single.

>What is on "TD" and "HOL" that isn't on "TWS" that's any good?

There Goes a Tenner; Pull Out the Pin, Suspended in Gaffa, Leave It Open,
Night of the Swallow, All The Love, Houdini, Get Out of My House, The Big
Sky (I believe this was left off the audio TWS, though it's on the video),
Mother Stands for Comfort, And Dream of Sheep, Under Ice, Waking the Witch,
Watching You Without Me, Jig of Life, Hello Earth, The Morning Fog.

Oh dear.  I seem to have named all of the TD and HoL songs that aren't on
TWS.  I guess they're all good.  ;-)

>"Prejudice, NO! Ignorance, NO! Bigotry, NO! Illiteracy, NO!" - Janet Jackson.

"We are like-minded individuals, sharing a common vision..."

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |