Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KATE BUSH's "Hounds Of Love" and "The Dreaming"

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1991 19:16:25 -0700
Subject: Re: KATE BUSH's "Hounds Of Love" and "The Dreaming"
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

>From: prince@aix.rpi.edu (Ron Buckmire)
>
>What do people think I should get next, "The Dreaming", or "Hounds Of Love"
>and are they really necessary if I have her two best albums already anyway?
>What is on "TD" and "HOL" that isn't on "TWS" that's any good?

Well, most Kate Bush fans think that either "The Dreaming" or
"Hounds Of Love" is her best album, so from that point of view they
are definitely necessary.  Both albums contain many great pieces
that aren't on "The Whole Story".  "Hounds Of Love" contains the
entire "Ninth Wave", a song cycle about a person trying not to drawn,
that is many people's favorite part of Kate's output.  "The Dreaming"
has such songs as "Suspended In Gaffa," "Night of the Swallow", "Houdini",
and "Get Out Of My House."  What can I say, but that these are
among the songs many Kate fans love the most.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov