Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: root@crash.cts.com
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1991 15:16:39 -0700
To: nosc!rec-music-gaffa@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: rrussell@pnet01.cts.com (Ray Russell)
Subject: hello!
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1991 05:16:32 GMT
Sender: root@crash.cts.com

     *******************
     KTKIKTK*IKTK*ITKTKI
           I*   *
           K*  *
           T* **K
           K**  *T
           I*    *K
           K*     *I
           T*      **

Hi!

   So happy to reach Love Hounds atlast

   ) been a long time...

  Has anyone has heard of a band

 'Pyewackitt'??? (Are they into KaTe??) I

 know very little about them except they

 have a song "The man in the moon drinks

 Claret". This may suggest the band got the

 name from the 17th cent. drawing of Matthew

Hopkins at work? ,since I've heard the name

 only in the two places, I figure they MAY

 have been influenced by you know who.

  Also, someone out there may be interested

to know that The Journal Of Orgonomy survived

the book burning, and is alive and well in a

dusty corner of SDSU library. I don't think I

could send it out, but there may be other

 volumes scattered about that survived, at a

library near you.The most interesting would
\j\ be the O.E.B.,from the '50's, if it was as

carefully preserved. Is anyone even

interested in the technical side of the

story?

   I am still reading the excellent Garden &

Cloudbusting (Very impressive) files and

 still find it hard to believe the amount of

information they contain. What an enormous
task for R.H. and IED!!  It's so wonderful to

get a read of pure KaTe without a lot of

opinion,which is usually dumbfoundingly
warped.

  Looking forward to seeing any comments on

ROCKET MAN ( if'n when ) I know it will be

a while before some people will get to hear

it.

  Will it be available on vinyl i wonder ?

Personally, I found The Sensual World sounds

considerably better on vinyl. It has a warmer

'feel' to it, drawing you inside the sound,

rather than making you feel like you're
watching from another planet.

   Hopefully not getting TOO far out

 I'd like to say hello to all the LoveHounds

I met at the con. and were so nice.( Wasn't

THAT a while ago I know, but I just got
access.)
         l /                Ray
         l/\
         l  \

V.& Ch. HI!!!****************** DON'T GIVE UP

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rrussell
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rrussell@nosc.mil
INET: rrussell@pnet01.cts.com