Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Womans Work

From: spacey@comp.vuw.ac.nz (M Keith)
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1991 20:49:47 -0700
Subject: Re: This Womans Work
To: <love-hounds@ims.alaska.edu>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@rata.vuw.ac.nz (USENET News System)

jondr@sco.com writes...

>US$100 is an excellent price for the set!  The 2 extra CDs contain most of
>the B-sides and remixes from Kate's career, not to mention the four of the
>five official live tracks.  (The fifth, RutH, was not released on EMI).

yes, well the first time it came into NZ it was priced at about $80US I think.
I saw it in the shop, said "I'll think about it tonite and come back tomorrow"
and, surprise, surprise, it had been sold. Unfortuantely there were a *very*
limited number of copies allocated for NZ and I couldnt locate a copy
*anywhere*. One shop asked if I wanted it ordered from the US, so naturally
I said yes, and after a few weeks I got a call to say that it had come in.
But at $150+US I couldnt afford it.

>Definitely a good deal.  I had five of the six CDs prior to getting the box
>set, and I managed to dump all of them - either on friends or used CD
>stores.  It brought my final price down to something like US$85.  Almost
>reasonable!

I did go ahead and buy it (I managed to get the price knocked down to $70US
in the end) and I *love* it :). I was quite lucky too since the day after
I made that post, the shop had an enquiry about it, but I had asked
them to put it aside for me :).

The extra CD's have some real gems on them, and I've finally been able to
have a decent listen to "The Dreaming", since I only had it on tape before.

The only thing that I was a little dissapointed with was that the CD case
for TSW was broken, and a couple of the others had scratches on them..
but hey.. :)

Which reminds me. I know this has been asked several times lately, but...
where abouts on the covers are the KT symbols? The "Lionheart" one is
obvious, but what about the rest? (as far as I know people have only
replied that they can find some of the others, without saying *where* they
are :) )

>Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.
aha! someone else who has one (or both) of the 12" singles of "rage hard" by
FGTH eh? :)

thanks,
Mike
(spacey@rata.vuw.ac.nz - NOT spacey@comp.vuw.ac.nz as the header may suggest)