Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Womans Work

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1991 13:41:34 -0700
Subject: Re: This Womans Work
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

Yo! spacey@comp.vuw.ac.nz (M Keith) raps:
>A couple of days ago I came across one "copy" of the boxed set TWW in
>a shop here selling for $200NZ ($100US approx). Now, I'm just wondering
>on whether it's worth buying it - what do the 2 extra CD's contain?

US$100 is an excellent price for the set!  The 2 extra CDs contain most of
the B-sides and remixes from Kate's career, not to mention the four of the
five official live tracks.  (The fifth, RutH, was not released on EMI).

>I already have 3 of her albums on CD, so hopefully i might be able to
>take them into the shop (it's deals in 2nd hand music too) and get some
>of the price knocked off :)

Definitely a good deal.  I had five of the six CDs prior to getting the box
set, and I managed to dump all of them - either on friends or used CD
stores.  It brought my final price down to something like US$85.  Almost
reasonable!

--
Jon Drukman (love pantry)                       uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.