Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sarah McLachlan out on Sept. 10

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu (woj)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1991 06:54:54 -0700
Subject: Re: Sarah McLachlan out on Sept. 10
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

ed@wente.llnl.GOV (Ed Suranyi) sez:
>I just read that Sarah McLachlan's new album, _Solace_, will finally
>be released in the US on Sept. 10.  I got my copy in Canada, where
>it's been out a long time already.  It's really good, I think.  If
>you liked her first album, you'll want this one.

i heard this a few weeks ago when a candian friend of mine lent me her
tape for a few days. only had time for about three listens, but my
reactions were similar to ed's. it seems that sarah has become more
sparse and stark in her instrumentation. yet, with that voice of hers,
the quality that caused so many people to call her music "lush" is
still somehow preserved in the sound of _solace_.
--
woj@remus.rutgers.edu - smou/dj-for-hire - hooked on phonics