Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Buuuuush

From: c129s!john@uunet.UU.NET
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1991 11:52:50 -0700
Subject: Kate Buuuuush
To: love-hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM (love-hounds)

Hi again,

Ed said:
> You should also pick up the video collections "The Whole Story" and
> "The Single File".  Unfortunately, there are several videos that
> are on both collections, but you need both to get many of her best.
> For example, "Cloudbusting" is only on "The Whole Story", and
> "Suspended In Gaffa" is only on "The Single File".

I do have "The Whole Story" video, along with TSW and Live at
Hammersmith.  I didn't see "The Single File" listed in the book
at the place I ordered from.  I'll ask them about it.

Then Ed said:
>Sounds like you've probably got a great story about how you discovered
>Kate -- Kate fans in Alabama are probably not very common.  Care to
>share it with us?

Needless to say, I didn't discover her here in Alabama.  I can see it
now...fade into dream sequence...
   And that was the new one from good ol' Garth Brooks.  Damn I like
   him.  Well we're giving you the best in country music 24 hours a
   day here at, wait a second. What's this.  Hey folks, I've just been
   handed a cd by a young philly named Kate Buuuush.  Never heard of
   her, but let's give her a try.
                   I say goodnight - night
                   I tuck him in tight,
                   But things are not right -
                   What is this? an infant kiss,
                   That sends my body tingling.
                   I've never fallen for,
                   A little boy before,
                   No con..click!
   WHAT IN THE HELL WAS THAT!  That kind of trash should be banned.  Quick,
   give me that new Hank cd.
...fade out of dream sequence.
Actually, I was visiting a friend in Orlando, FL(where I moved from) and
she played TWS for me.  I was hooked immediately.  I bought the box soon
after and was overwhelmed with all these new Kate songs I had never heard.
It took me a couple of months to learn what I liked about each cd.  Now,
I want more.  I've heard a lot about the Cathy demos.  I would really like
to hear them.  Is it available on cd, or any format?  If not, would
someone who has a tape be willing to make a copy?  I'd be happy to pay
postage and tape cost.  Thanks.

--
P.S. Someone mentioned that when they tried to reply to my post, it bounced.
I don't know why.  The addresses in my sig seem to work ok so please use

--
Jack Curtin          curtin@b17d.b17d.ingr.COM   -or-
Intergraph Corp.     ..!uunet!ingr.com!b17c!c129s!john

"Very exciting, as a luggage problem."
 -- Luggage salesmant in Joe vs. the Volcano