Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What is it with this group?!?

From: tabn3@isuvax.iastate.edu
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 1991 04:15:07 -0700
Subject: What is it with this group?!?
To: <love-hounds@ims.alaska.edu>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@news.iastate.edu (USENET News System)

   Ok, when I was looking through the listing of news server groups trying
to find some new groups to subscribe to, I suddenly came across "rec.music.
ive music" (and I stress the "other alternative music" part), I thought,
"Excellent! Finally a group to discuss alternative music groups with!"
   However, when I finally started going through some of the postings, I
have to say I was quite disappointed.  When the description mentioned Kate
Bush, I thought she just used as an example and not as the sole basis of
the entire group! Why hasn't anyone been discussing any other much better
artists?!? I think this talk Of Kate Bush has long since gone beyond
obsession and is also long since overdone! Let's start talking about some
artists!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!
   For example, what's everyone's impressions of the new Siouxsie and the
Banshees tape "Superstition"?  I thought it was very good, but it seemed
to have a bit of a pop beat to it.  Also, has anyone heard ANYTHING about
the new U2 album coming out soon?  I've heard they're trying to keep it
tight under wraps until release, but something's bound to leak out sooner
or later.  I have heard, though, that one of the songs is going to be on
the soundtrack of an upcoming movie called something like, "Until the End
of October"(?).