Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hi!

From: c129s!john@uunet.UU.NET
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1991 14:11:20 -0700
Subject: Hi!
To: love-hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM (love-hounds)

Big Hi's to all you KaTe fans out there!

     I am silent no longer.  Nine months after my official first
dose of KaTe Bush, one box and three videos later, here I am with my
first post.  This newsgroup is wonderful.  I have learned so much
about KaTe.  I hadn't heard KaTe's speaking voice until someone said
that the video for TSW was interspersed with short introductions for
each video by KaTe.  I bought it right away.  I really liked all 3
videos, but I was particularly impressed with This Woman's Work.
I already loved the song, and seeing what a fine job KaTe did in
directing it made it all the more better.  The sequence of the
husband in the waiting room, then the two at dinner, then the
wife being rushed to the car, driving to the hospital, entering
the hospital, and then the husband back in the waiting room.  Damn
fine piece of filmmaking.
--
Regarding KaTe using some lyrics with somewhat hidden meanings:
     The wonderful thing about songs and poems is their ability
to become more than the author originally intended.  When I write
a poem, my target audience is sometimes only a few of my friends,
or sometimes just myself.  That means I intend for only those
people to fully understand the meaning I give it.  Yet, when other
people read it, many times they interpret it in a way I never
intended.  This new interpretation has now made the poem more
valuable.  Just as a human being is greater than the sum of his
parts, a poem is greater than the original intent of the author.
Once written, it lives and grows.  As time goes by and our world
changes, it can take on new meanings to the point where the original
meaning is just one more interpretation.  The only thing that makes
the original different is that a die-hard fan might get some added
pleasure in knowing the poem's origins.  In conclusion, always making
a poem or song too clear or obvious lessens its chances of growing and
taking on new meanings.
--
My 10 Deserted Island Disc's
  (Although I'm sure I would try to convert my cd player to some

Big Questions:
  Is Vickie, one of Vickie 'n' Chris, also one of Chris 'n' Vickie
  that Chris is one of???

  What does footah! mean?

  Does IED ever let Andy post anything?
--
Cathy..Kate..Catherine..The Kate-ster...The Kate-meister...
         ...makin' records...runnin' up that hill...Kate-a-rama.

--
So those in the know say that each album cover has some sort of
KT symbol hidden somewhere on it.  Reminds me of the episode of
M.A.S.H where Hawkeye and Trapper are looking for faces of the
Presidents in a barnyard scene.  Anyway, after 5 years of higher
education, I could only find one.  The very obvious one on the
crate for Lionheart.  Would someone please tell me where the other
5 are?
--
I've been watching MTV's Unplugged for a while now.  You know, the
show where your favorite performers go acoustic.  Well, I haven't

--
Jack Curtin          curtin@b17d.b17d.ingr.COM   -or-
Intergraph Corp.     ..!uunet!ingr.com!b17c!c129s!john

"It's a great town.  It stinks, but it's a great town."
 -- Meg Ryan as Angelica Graynomore in Joe vs. the Volcano