Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Letter reply to Goldmine article

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1991 13:58:05 -0700
Subject: Re: Letter reply to Goldmine article
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ed kindly typed in a letter from the new _Goldmine_:

>     1) Not only was the boxed set incomplete in terms of the two
>instrumentals noted, it also fails to include the single mix of "This
>Woman's Work" and also lacks the last track from the "Love And Anger"
>12-inch and CD single -- another from the "GLC" episode of the Comic
>Strip, this one titled "Last Look Around The House Before We Go. . ."
>[Actually, if I remember right, this track IS in the boxed set.  Is
>my memory playing tricks on me? -- Ed]

First off, _is_ the "single mix" of TWW any different from the album?
I don't think the 12" import is any different, though I could be wrong.
And I've never heard the 7" import...

"One Last Look Around the House Before We Go..." *is* in the box set--
TWW II, track 3.  The "G.L.C." song that is missing from the set is
"The Confrontation."  So no, Ed, your memory isn't playing tricks on
you...

>     4) The 12-inch single for "Hounds Of Love" released in the U.K. is
>not a remix, it's a completely different version altogether, startlingly
>so.  It was during this period that Kate also took over directing her own
>videos and changed her style completely.

Hmmm.  I think I'd call it a remix with improvised vocals.  The backing
tracks seem to be from "HoL", though rather chopped up.  This is as
opposed to say, The Pixies' "Wave of Mutilation (U.K. surf mix)" which is
a completely new recording, regardless of what the title implies.

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |