Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

from Little Light

From: Jeff Tucker <R3JMT%AKRONVM@vm1.cc.UAKRON.EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1991 09:10:01 -0700
Subject: from Little Light
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM

  The following appears in Little Light, Summer 1991,
published by The American Association of Them Heavy
People, PO Box 221, Cuyahoga Falls OH 44222-0221.
  Replies are welcome, as are letters to the editor
or other discussion.

OTHER HEAVY PEOPLE
"Them Other Heavy People" is a feature which debuted in our last issue. We
covered all the English speaking fanzines that we knew about, but since
then we have been informed of some other fanzines and services, and we have
additional news on the fates of some others.

PUBLICATIONS:

DREAMTIME- Thanks goes to new staffer T. R. Somerville for the proper
address for this Australian fanzine. 7 Bryden Rd., Carmel 6076, Western
Australia.

LITTLE EARTH AND WATCHING STORMS- Both of these publications are products
of the American Kate Bush Society (AKBS) which is run by Ernest Hermia.
Little Earth is published quarterly and is available to all interested; it
consists mostly of reprints from Watching Storms, the AKBS's "amateur
publishing association fanzine." Storms is only available to about forty
people at a time and is a compilation of several one page "zeens" sent in
by members.

REACHING OUT USA- New staffer Maria McEachern informed us of this new
fanzine, though none of us is quite sure if it is still around. PO Box 154,
Newtonville MA 02168.

STILL BREATHING- T. R. Somerville tells us that SB is encountering
financial difficulties right now. This may cause her to limit publication
or to increase the hiatus between issues. Subscriptions or donations can be
sent to: 11588 72nd Ave ., Delta BC V4E 121, Canada.

KATE BUSH CLUB- The only thing the KBC has done since late 1989, at least
that we have heard about, has been to lend its name to a convention
organized by the Homeground people. We see no evidence of any activity in
the KBC; and staffers Whifferdihl Collins-Lovell and T. R. Somerville tell
us that the KBC almost never answers mail, even SASE's. Whiff thinks that
for all intents and purposes the club is defunct, while hoping to be proven
wrong. Appearances are that the KBC is the "corporate" Kate Bush Club, with
no real function or direction except taking people's money and giving them
nothing in return. These suspicions seem to be borne out by comments in the
second Lone Star Lionhearts journal, as well.

COMPUTER FORUMS:

THE BIG SKY BBS- Our friends from Columbus, Ohio, Richard and Melissa
Caldwell, provide this bulletin board for commentary and late breaking
news. It can be accessed at (614) 864-1198.

LOVE-HOUNDS- Saving the best for last. Love-Hounds is a computer mailing
list service accessed by about 300 people. It has been around for several
years and is available through BITNET and USENET (we are not sure about
other means of access). Love-Hounds (also going under the moniker
rec.music.gaffa) is a reliable and enjoyable forum for fans with computer
access, which we recommend with out qualification.
LOVE-HOUNDS-REQUEST@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM is the address for more
information.