Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stuff

From: judi@coyote.datalog.com (Judi McKernan)
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1991 08:09:00 -0700
Subject: Stuff
To: love-hounds@wiretap.SPIES.com

  Someone recently said that to them, The Ninth Wave was a "bunch
of unconnected song fragments", etc.

 Oooh! I disagree!

  While many of the tracks ARE much shorter and less compositionally
complete than others of her work, when you look at that entire album
side as a whole entity.... it's not that I get an specific "message"
from it, but rather the entire range of extreme moods and different
feelings I go through when I listen to it. It always sends chills
up and down my spine, and often leaves me breathless. No one ever
said music had to be 100% intelligible or have a specific meaning
to be truly MOVING......

   To be able to go through feelings of serenity, fear, persecution,
loss, love, and sheer joy of being alive in just a few minutes....
  INCREDIBLE!

           judi