Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate is God, Catherine is not

From: dwelch@devnull.mpd.tandem.com (Dan Welch)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1991 13:55:43 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate is God, Catherine is not
To: rec-music-gaffa@devnull.mpd.tandem.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <19260@scorn.sco.COM> Dances With Voles <fscott!jondr@uunet.uu.net> writes:
>>Btw, I think "Walk Straight Down The Middle" is a brilliant, beautifu,
>>emotional and moving song. It's one of my very favorite b-sides.
>
>Why do you always have to say something that I agree with?  It makes it very
>hard to argue some times... :)

I've seen this several times, so my HO is:  this song really jars my nerves.
When I first bought the CD, I couldn't BELIEVE that KaTe didn't realize that
"Rocket's Tail" followed by "This Woman's Work" was the way to end the album.
I was astounded that she would break that beautiful last piece by tacking on
WSDtM as some sort of weak coda.  Later, of course, I found out that it was
just a B-side that was included as an extra track on the CD (curiously enough,
the liner notes do not mention this, which is surprising), and was much
relieved.

Drop that nasal twang, KaTe!

| Daniel Welch			      | "Kate Bush is the sort of performer   |
| Tandem Computers, Inc.	      | for whom the word 'superstar' is      |
| Austin, TX, USA		      | belittling."			      |
| dwelch@devnull.mpd.tandem.com	      |		Mike Davies, _Melody_Maker_   |