Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate is God, Catherine is not

From: larry@csccat.cs.com (Larry Spence)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1991 17:57:51 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate is God, Catherine is not
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <m0kDTNB-0000GYC@chinet.chi.il.us> katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie) writes:

>Vickie here.
>
>This might get me kicked out of the net.secondary.goddess club :-)
>but I honestly do feel sorry for anyone who doesn't really like
>TSW.

Your concern eases the pain of having such unmagical, bad taste in music.

>but I just know how wonderful
>TSW makes me feel, the glow I feel after listening to it, the magic
>it holds for me.

I'm glad you like it.

>I can't help but say it's a shame that everyone
>doesn't feel the same magic I feel.

Um, try not to let it bother you too much, it's OK, really...

>Knowing that "Reaching Out"
>causes some people to feel distain and scorn, when it makes my
>heart ache in its beauty and passion, is painful.

No reason that it should be.  It's just a difference of opinion.  Save your
pain for persons with AIDS, cancer, famine victims, and the like.  If you
feel pain for every difference in musical tastes that you have with someone,
well, you must have a pretty painful life...

>If you don't like it, fine.

What's this?  A glimmer of acceptance?

>Too bad. Tough. Sorry. For you.

Ooops.  False alarm.

>Btw, I think "Walk Straight Down The Middle" is a brilliant, beautifu,
>emotional and moving song. It's one of my very favorite b-sides.

Yes, I think it's one of the few good tracks on the album.  There's still
hope!

--
Larry Spence
larry@csccat.cs.com