Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I beg you, please don't murd... URK!

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1991 10:21:24 -0700
Subject: I beg you, please don't murd... URK!
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

 Now come on.  I never said my relation was personal.  And I'm not
embarrassed to admit I still have a heart that's open to heroism.

I want to know what people think of the idea that us-the-rock-generation
are stuck in pre-middle-age and don't have role models for crossing
that divide?

I can't find who it was said he likes TSW coz it doesn't hit you over
the head.  That's exactly what I'm finally learning to appreciate, and
I do think it's a sort of growing up.

I'd compare it to Joni Mitchell's voyage into jazz, starting with the
reviled Hissing album.  I was with her every step of that journey,
though, up thru Mingus, and Kate's seems... more civilized?  (Joni knew
she was a Wild Thing.  My favorite Joni-story has her being brought to
a party by a friend, and the host going into gushing-fan mode before
she gets in the door, and she just hightails it outta there, spooked,
etiquette be damned.)

I'll try to collate the many Katequotes about creative death-and-rebirth.
They're really quite striking, seeing how continuous a thread that is for
her.

P.S.  Hmmm.  Maybe Joni crossed the line after Mingus, and I was too
unsubtle to follow her?
This intrigues and puzzles me...