Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Homeground first impressions

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1991 02:10:28 -0700
Subject: New Homeground first impressions
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

The new Homeground #42 was in my PO Box this evening.  Beautiful drawings,
an insert of news flashes (Album targeted for Spring, Rocketman for Sept.
30, with a possibility of a video in the can (? this is vague)).

The rest of the news is all pretty familiar, often with credits to Love-
Hounds like Greg (for the Wuthering Heights rock opera account) and Ed.

I get such great vibes from these guys that the Little Light slam for
"bleeding hearts and poetry" really makes me wince.  (Yes, Jeff, bleeding
hearts is an insult, always.  You should apologize.)

On the other hand, our overall lead breaking almost every news item kind
of verifies the idea that we've got an incredible technological edge, and
confirms me in my intent to try and help fans find gateways to connect
up with us.  I've been researching this and have instructions for
linking up from CompuServe, MCIMail, and many others.  (Though NOT GEnie,
OnLine America, or Prodigy.)  Also I have a list of Public Access sites
individuals can get Internet accounts through.

So my ideal for the Outreach is to help people get linked up.  I should
think one could do it from scratch for a couple of hundred dollars--
anyone got a theory of the cheapest reasonable configuration to get onto,
say, CompuServe?  Like a Commodore 64?