Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lindsey Kemp and WOW

From: barger@ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1991 07:38:48 -0700
Subject: Re: Lindsey Kemp and WOW
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

>WOW is referring to him as well as being gay.

I posted the speculation last year that the line

We'll give you a part, my love
But you'll have to play the fool

may refer to the movie "The Wicker Man", Kemp's only movie role, in which
his (rather minor) character dresses for a festival as a Fool.

Regarding Kashka, any guesses what that "very strange American detective
series" might have been, showing in the UK ca. 1977?  (There haven't been
that many very strange American TV series, at all!)

Anyone know if Kashka is a real man's or woman's name?

I think the line "I watch their shadows/ Tall and slim" argues for their
both being male, as does the unelaborated "another man" reference.

Thanks to Ron Hill for posting the Katequotes and lyrics.  I'm picturing
that rather than posting Cloudbusting a song at a time, straight thru, we
might do it piecemeal as questions arise, so that anyone can assemble their
own customized reference version.  (Is anyone going to bother to do that?)