Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lindsey Kemp and WOW

From: mscott@uunet.uu.net (Michael Scott)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1991 09:03:35 -0700
Subject: Lindsey Kemp and WOW
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Kate has admitted that Lindsey Kemp, her original dance instructor was
gay in both an interview (I think), as well as in the book Kate Bush:
A Visual Documentary.  I do not remember if it was in The Whole Story
or not.  WOW is referring to him as well as being gay.  That is where
the lyrics "Putting [on] the Vaseline" comes from.  Remember in the
video in Live from the Hammersmith Odeon - when she sings that line, she
slaps her bottom.  She apparently had a crush on him while she was one
of his students.

Just out of curiousity - who is the narrator supposed to be in Kashka from
Bagdad anyway, since Kashka and his lover are gay?  Is it possible that
this also has her infactuation with Lindsey was an influence on this son
as well?

Michael Scott
mscott@cruzio.santa-cruz.ca.us