Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

*whew*

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1991 06:58:42 -0800
Subject: *whew*
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

man, i was *suffering* from .gaffa withdrawal!  out of desperation
i read a bunch of other news groups, and you know what?  not only
were they completely lacking in KaTe-news (the r.m.misc debate was
about KaTeFANS, not KaTe, and it was pretty silly at that, for all
of the sincere efforts of the l'hounds involved), but many of
the other groups were just plain dull.  i dunno what it is,
the heady air off the moors, the accumulated orgones, the dappled
moonlight under the ivy, but people here on .gaffa just write
more interesting posts...

(your humble correspondent is the exception, no doubt -- it's
taking me an awful long time to say "glad y'all are back!")

hmmm, anyone have an opinion on the Push Posters deal?  (many
thanks to Al Crawford for the tip!)  i've got all the listed
posters, except the "secret life" one -- sorry, but i never
did like that picture...  but the "Concert Photographs" sets sound
interesting.  4 * #7 * 2$/# = about $56 plus postage -- is this
a reasonable market price?

re: Dan Riley's comments on the "piano demos" disk:  while we didn't
do a real A/B comparison with "Passing Through Air", my impression
was that the sound quality was better on the "piano" disk --
a bit less compression and some of the high-mid edge filtered out.
i've been playing around with improving the sound of "PtA" with
EQ, expansion, etc -- ah, for a sonic solutions NoNoise setup...

well, i'm off to grab Cloudbusting again...  (i had an accident with
the 'r' and 'm' keys...)

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
	"a woman drew her long black hair out tight
	 and fiddled whisper music on those strings
	 and bats with baby faces in the violet light
	 whistled, and beat their wings" -- T.S. Eliot