Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Highlight from the KaTewar!

From: mandorallen@st1.vuw.ac.nz (The Bard)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1991 20:43:41 -0800
Subject: Highlight from the KaTewar!
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@rata.vuw.ac.nz (USENET News System)

Something you Love-Hounds may enjoy... a little snippet from the current KaTe-
oriented flamewar on rec.music.misc. Enjoy...

Newsgroups: rec.music.misc
Subject: Re: Bush/Benatar - what is "pop"?
From: rjohnson@vela.acs.oakland.edu (R o d Johnson)
Date: 7 Aug 91 03:20:30 GMT

rjc@cstr.ed.ac.uk (Richard Caley) sez:

It is quite possible to critisise KT in
>rec.music.gaffa, let alone here, without any flaming, any outraged
>dignity or any personal insults.

What, did IED die?

(I distinctly remember, when The Sensual World was released, and
someone--I think it was Jon Drukman--dared to label it ungood, he was
met with a barrage of flames from Andrew because anything by Kate is,
after all, perfect, by definition.  Not a lie, not an exaggeration,
not an imaginary story--ask Jon.)
--
    Rod Johnson  *  rjohnson@vela.acs.oakland.edu  *  (313) 650 2315

           "No longer *wow* but *hmmm*."  -- R Meltzer
reposted to rec.music.gaffa by the Bard, Anthony Hobbs.