Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kashka from San Francisco?

From: John Grigutis <76004.2670@CompuServe.COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1991 17:20:33 -0800
Subject: Kashka from San Francisco?
To: Love-Hounds <Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>

>From Baghdad.  The song is clearly about two male lovers
>("Kashka from Baghdad lives in sin they say, with another
>man.")

Huh?  I always thought that it was just about two lovers (a man, and a
woman) who had an affair!  "...Lives in sin..." could mean out of
wed-lock.  "...With another man." implies she (Kashka) is already
married, and is having an affair in a small town out of the way, with
another man.  As a matter of fact, the idea of Kashka being a man had
never occured to me until I saw it posted on here!  Did KaTe actually
say Kashka was a man?  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?  Am I
making sense? Stop Making Sense!  Innosense? Nonsense!  Ack!  Better
fix my CD changer.

Also - about a possible KT sweatshirt:  For the actual sweat, I'd say
a nice white 100% cotton (Hanes) long-sleeved.  I wonder how much a
nice airbrushed red KT symbol would cost?  Of course the infamous
Love-Hounds on the front.  Oh, how about a list of Her albums on the
back?!  Hmmmm.  Or maybe a nice catchy quote or lyric?  :-)