Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cloudbusting, LaTeX version

From: rjc@cstr.edinburgh.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1991 14:42:08 -0800
Subject: Cloudbusting, LaTeX version
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

I have done some work on the version of Cloudbusting which Ron put on
hayes.ims.alaska.edu and have created a preliminary LaTeX version. For
those for whom that is as clear as mud, it is a version which can be
put through the LaTeX text formatting system to create a nicely
laser printed or typeset book.

In addition (special this week!) I have added the extra gunk which
means that people who have the LaTeXinfo package can produce an online
`info' file of the type understood by emacs and the xinfo program. The
practical upshot of _that_ is a menu driven Cloudbusting interface.

Much of the conversion was done automatically, so there will still be
lost of pseudo-typos. Most notably the capitalisation of the text that
was in capitals in the text version is rather hit and miss.
Volunteers to clean it up welcome.

I will (if all goes well) put this onto hayes this evening. It will be
in a directory

		pub/love-hounds/kb/cloudbusting/latexinfo

In there will be cloud.latexinfo.Z which is the actual thing,
latexinfo.sty, which is needed to get LaTeX to understand the info
arcania and cloud.sty which contains a couple of definitions of my
own. In addition there will be cloud-fmt.el which is the help
LaTeXinfo needs to cope with my definitions. Don't forget to set
binary mode, that is a compressed file.

I _won't_ put the complete LaTeXinfo package there, anyone who wants
it can grab it from archive.cis.ohio-state.edu in pub/gnu/latexinfo
(if I remember correctly).

All this is in the future tense since the time difference between
Scotland and Alaska is such that the transfer will be done by the
machine while I am asleep tomorrow morning. If it doesn't turn up, it
is because I got the command wrong.

One thing which still needs doing is to insert cross references. I
have a package which will go through looking for places which might be
good places to insert cross references and asks you for confirmation,
so if anyone has a few hours to spare and a working emacs and would
like to apply their brain to telling it which references to `Moving'
should be cross referenced to the song then speak up. That would give
us a nice hyper text where one could browse from Love and Anger to Her
thoughts on anger and sarcasm to her family to...

--
rjc@cstr.ed.ac.uk			_O_