Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Possible new Kate fan?

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1991 18:47:08 -0800
Subject: Re: Possible new Kate fan?
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <91213.105838MGOODWIN@MAINE.MAINE.EDU> MGOODWIN@MAINE.MAINE.EDU writes:
>I've hear a few of her singles, and was intrigued by her style, but
>never took the chance on buying an LP/CD.  What were her singles that
>i would recognize (I do remember Running Up That Hill, what was that
>from?).

A lot of us love all of her albums so much that this is a pretty hard
choice.  But _Hounds Of Love_, which contains "Running Up That Hill",
is an excellent first purchase.  Alternatively, you could choose
her compilation album, _The Whole Story_.  This includes her "greatest
hits" from her first five albums, including RUTH again.  After that,
depending on your tastes you may want either _The Dreaming_ or
_The Kick Inside_.  The latter was the first Kate album I ever heard,
and it hooked me immediately.

--
Ed Suranyi
ed@wente.llnl.gov  <---- Note new e-mail address