Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Get off it!

From: brownfld@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1991 20:39:02 -0800
Subject: Re: Get off it!
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris Williams) writes:
>Vickie here.
>Ken.Saintjohn writes re Richard's suggestion re Jane Siberry:
>>  I sure liked your frisbee <sp>
>> idea, myself?  Well I was thinking more along the lines of a rescue
>> aircraft signalling device.
>You can send us back that "Infant Kiss" video.
>Like or dislike, can't you and Richard show some respect for an
>obviously talented, dedicated female solo artist trying to make
>decent music in this male-dominated world?
>Frisbees upside your head, you pompous hypocrite!

     How about them Cubbies?
     I guess the holiday jitters are in all of us.  Just to show you, some
cretin, namely, me, is up at 11:30pm, the night before he drives up to Chicago
at 6am.  I've got the ninth wave going, and I _still_ have an awake sense of
humor!
     Was this as serious as it seems?  I can't for the life of me figure that
anyone in this group would slight female artists over male.  Kate fits pretty
well into the same argument, and Richard and Ken are both Kate fans.  Sexism
exists, but conjuring it up where it doesn't exist (IMO) is just as bad.
     No edge intended, I'm just confused.  I didn't see much of the original
articles by Richard or Ken, so I may be sticking my mouth in my foot.

--
                                                        Ken.
Kenneth R. Brownfield                            brownfld@uiuc.edu