Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

How to lose faith in a record store...

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1991 20:33:00 -0800
Subject: How to lose faith in a record store...
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Somebody, but I don't remember who 'cause I accidentally deleted his name,
writes:

>Egads, I hate to start unusual rumors, but the earth shook last night
>after I 'phoned and cranked the new Residents disk, _Freak Show_.

Aieee!  I've been waiting for this since I found out about the album in
April...of all places, on MTV!  During the MTV News (or week in rock, or
some such) they mentioned several new releases, one of which was _Freak Show_,
of which they played a snatch.  I've been looking in record stores since
then and haven't seen it.

>Is there any LH out there who has intersecting interests in both the Rezzies
>and KB who can help me with this?

Hopefully tomorrow when I find a DECENT record store.

After reading this message, I ran down to Tower Records (the only store I
know of open at 11:00+ pm), hoping to pick up _Freak Show_ and maybe another
Jane Siberry album (at the recommendation of some people on Ecto); it's been
well over a month since I bought any music, and figgered my wallet could handle
two.  Tower, the supposedly groovy record store, did *not* have _Freak Show_.
In fact, they didn't even have _The King and Eye_ (though they did have one
copy of Cube-E, and some of the older albums as imports...).  Grrrr.  So I
figure that maybe the drive down there wasn't a total waste of time...I
could still pick up some Jane.  But no, the only Jane Siberry CD in the store
was _No Borders Here_ which I've already got.  Last time I was there they had
3 or 4 (hmmm.  maybe this is a good sign; someone's buying Jane Siberry...;-)

<necessary KaTe reference>

In a fit of utter disgust, I scared the hell out of a large chunk of NW DC
by driving home with the window and sunroof open, totally cranking a tape
of the "Alternate Hounds" EP and singing along with KaTe at the top of my
lungs.  Yes, that put me in a much better mood.

>One thing's for sure: If they decide to tour with this one, there's
>room for a mind-altering, wild show.

Um, the last tour wasn't mind-altering and wild?  Could have fooled me!

>  Department of Computer Science
>  Georgetown University
>  Washington, DC 20057

Sheesh!  We're even in the same bloody city and I can't find the CD.

Jeff

---
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |
|jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu          |  They know the way to be happy" --KaTe |