Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush turns to Purple

From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1991 11:45:35 -0800
Subject: Re: Kate Bush turns to Purple
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>From article <1991Jul25.024635.12515@ariel.unm.edu>, by lazlo@triton.unm.EDU (Lazlo Nibble):
>>From The Daily Telegraph Mirror, Thursday 13th June 1991.
>>
>>	Kate Bush turns to Purple
>>
>>	A new album is on the way from His Purpleness,
>>	Prince.  To be called Diamonds and Pearls, the album is
>>	expected to feature Kate Bush as Prince's female
>>	muse.
>
> BOY, I hope this is true, just so I can watch all the people who whined
> about the impossibility of this collaboration last time it came up turn
> cartwheels backwards in their newfound justifications of Prince's
> acceptability thanks to the KaTe Stamp Of Approval[TM].

Kate strutting around a video in a too too short skirt?  She did say
she was dancing again.  Hmmmm.  Naaaaa.  I'm not whining, mind you, I
think you have to give him credit for being pretty creative.  But if
Kate is going to participate in anything Prince is doing she has to
interrupt what she's doing and that's baaad news for Kate fans.  Of
course, it might be interesting to see what she would come up with,
but not enough so to merit interrupting her recording.

My hope is that this is just an embellishment on the original rumor.
I suspect the original rumor is the result of some sort of press
release saying that Prince wanted Kate to direct a video.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com