Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Underground Music Society (alternative/industrial/hardcore/punk)

From: <@EDDIE.MIT.EDU:mus0eka@cabell.vcu.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1991 16:31:10 -0800
Subject: Underground Music Society (alternative/industrial/hardcore/punk)
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in From: address found on hayes.ims.alaska.edu:From: Everette K.Abbott <mus0eka@cabell.vcu.edu> ^ ^-illegal period in phrase \-phrases containing '.' must be quoted

Hi, This is the Sysop of the Virginia Bulletin Board of Music. There is
a new service in the area of music I would like to tell you about. It's
called the "Underground Music Society" or "UMS". The originator, Venom,
of the Golden Dawn BBS 1@7709 has made the Virginia Bulletin Board of
Music a SUPPORT board for this organization.

What is it about? Well, UMS is a NON-profit organization, that allows
its members to receive the following for NO cost:

       - Born Again Punk Fanzine/Magazine
         (has record/tape reviews, Anacrchy info, colums, fanzine
         reviews, and a lot of other info)
       - The Alternative Side Fanzine/Magazine
         (has record/tape reviews, info, concert dates, etc.. of
          ALTERNATIVE bands, like Siouxie and the Banshees, Innocence
          Mission, Kate Bush, etc.)
       - Other UMS text/GIF files
       - Discussion of Censorship, Underground/Punk music, Local Bands,
         etc..

How do I access this? Well if you have a computer, you can call either
one of these numbers:

Virginia Bulletin Board of Music [UMS]: 804-330-4077
Lobotomies R Us [UMS]: 413-733-7676
The Golden Dawn [PIN][UMS]: 707-277-7969

then log into the following account:     Name: Fanzine
                                     Password: fanzine
                                        Phone: 0909  (last 4 digits for
                                               WWIV BBSes)

You will have access to the transfer section, and to the sub-board
called "Underground Music Society."

The first issue of BAP is already out!!! So don't miss it!!!!

If you can't call long distance, then you can still receive the fanzines
by email. So just email me at 1@8429 (NET), 1@18408 (LINK), or on UNIX:
mus0eka@cabell.vcu.edu; or Venom at 1@7709 and we will get you hooked up!

Please leave feedback stating that you would like to subscribe, that way
you can have your own account, and you can get access to the info easier
and with more time to read things. And if you wish to be a SUPPORT BBS
for UMS, then just let us know...we will see if we can ....squeeze you
in... :)

We are ALSO looking for writers, editors, etc.. for both magazines.
Your reviews, and info will be used!!! Guarenteed!!!! Just send it to
us! Alternative/Industrial/Hardcore and Punk are acceptable.

Sysop of VBBM I & II

Beethoven's Son