Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cloudbusting!!!

From: barger@ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1991 06:38:56 -0800
Subject: Cloudbusting!!!
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Yea, Ron!
I managed to get the first meg or so of Cloudbusting onto hayes before
traffic crowded me out this morning.  The rest should be there by tomorrow
at the latest.

For newcomers, Cloudbusting is Ron Hill's superhuman collation of Kate's
interview quotes on every topic under the sun.  It's sort of a companion
piece to Andy Marvick's Garden, which is a rawer compilation of the
original interviews, along with fabulous chronologies, discographies,
videographies, etc.

FTP instructions:
Cloudbusting, the Garden, and all five years of rec.music.gaffa/
love-hounds-digest can be ftp'd from the love-hounds archive at
hayes.ims.alaska.edu (137.229.30.200).

Cloudbusting is in directory /pub/love-hounds/kb/cloudbusting
The Garden is in directory /pub/love-hounds/kb/garden

If you've never used ftp, you use a program on your UNIX system called FTP.
 You connect by typing:
ftp hayes.ims.alaska.edu
Log in as "anonymous", and use your username as your password.
To change directories type:
cd pub/love-hounds/kb/cloudbusting
"dir" will get you a directory, "get" and the filename will retrieve the
file.

These things are HUGE, so use off-peak hours!