Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Vickie's DIDs & DIMs (or, why not just stay home? :-)

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris Williams)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1991 18:06:00 -0800
Subject: Vickie's DIDs & DIMs (or, why not just stay home? :-)
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Vickie here. Since this is all fantasy anyway, I'd want all the albums
by the 10 artists, but if I were forced to choose...

1)  Kate Bush-All, please-I-couldn't-live-without-any-of-them!!
    Point-a-gun-to-my-head-and-pick-one-album-selection: The Dreaming

2)  Jane Siberry-All, please...    Gun-pick: The Walking
3)  Happy Rhodes-All, please...    G-pick: Ecto
4)  Peter Gabriel-All, please...   G-pick: PGIV (aka Security)
5)  Genesis-1969-1982              G-pick: The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
6)  Dead Can Dance-All             G-pick: My own compilation tape
7)  The Cocteau Twins-All          G-pick: Treasure
8)  Boiled In Lead-All             G-pick: Hotheads
9)  Camper Van Beethoven-All       G-pick: Their 2nd album, called II & III
10) kd lang-All                    G-pick: Angel With A Lariat

Actually, I could live forever quite happily with just 1-5.
I'd want 6 & 7 to remind me what angels in heaven might sound like.
8, 9 & 10 may be odd picks, but I'd desperately need them to put me in
a good mood, should my will flag. Dire circumstances couldn't keep a smile
off my face when listening to any of these.

Others I'd take with me if I could:

Kate-Rarities & B-sides & interviews compilation tapes
Classical Compilation-All my favorite pieces
Siouxsie & the Banshees-My own compilation tape
Danielle Dax-Dark Adapted Eye
Christine Lavin-Beau Woes and Other Problems of Modern Life
Kirsty MacColl-Kite
Monsoon-Third Eye
Area-The Perfect Dream
Najma-Qareeb
Victoria Williams-Happy Come Home
Bel Canto-White-Out Conditions
Le Mystere Des Voix Bulgares-Vol. 1
Mary Coughlin-Tired & Emotional
T Rex-The Slider
Hetch Hetchy-Make Djibouti
Marta Sebestyen-Muzikas
Anna Domino-My own compilation tape
Anne Pigalle-My own compilation tape
Sugarcubes-My own compilation tape
Pink Floyd-My own compilation tape

Plus, as many "Song" compilations as I could bring. There are lots of
songs I love that come from albums that I don't like as a whole.
Actually, I'd probably want to just bring tapes of my radio shows,
since my #1 Rule is "I never play anything I don't personally like"
and I've only broken that rule a few times in the 3 years on air.

Plus, A *VERY* rugged Walkman & headphone (backups appreciated) and a
lifetime supply of batteries! And how about a sand-proof VCR for...

Movies I wouldn't want to live without:

1)  Brazil (my all-time favorite!) 6)  Return To Oz
2)  Bliss                          7)  One From The Heart
3)  Birdy                          8)  The Stunt Man
4)  Blade Runner                   9)  Local Hero
5)  Never Cry Wolf                 10) Twin Peaks pilot episode

This is fantasy right? A few others...
11) Fitzcarraldo                   16) Life Of Brian
12) The rest of Twin Peaks         17) Brother Can You Spare A Dime?
13) Dersu Uzula                    18) All of Diane Keaton's films
14) This Is Spinal Tap             19) All of Sissy Spacek's films
15) Real Genius                    20) All of Kathleen Turner's films

Needless to say, all the videos & interviews by Kate, Jane & Peter,
plus the early (with Peter) Genesis films.

God knows we don't need a DIB (Desert Island Books) list, but I'd have
to bring Stephen King's _The Stand_ with me. How appropriate!

This is way too hard. I'm exhausted!!

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us