Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

to Jester: Innocence Mission history

From: <@EDDIE.MIT.EDU:mus0eka@cabell.vcu.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1991 14:05:09 -0800
Subject: to Jester: Innocence Mission history
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in From: address found on hayes.ims.alaska.edu:From: Everette K.Abbott <mus0eka@cabell.vcu.edu> ^ ^-illegal period in phrase \-phrases containing '.' must be quoted

well to start off with your first question, The Innocence Mission is from
Lancaster, Pennsylvania. They started playing together in 1982 during high
school. They played in musicals and local biker bars. When they graduated
they tried college, but it didnt quite suite what they wanted to do, so they
took the band in a more serious direction. They started playing in Washington
DC and Philadelphia in 1986 and soon recorded an EP called Tending The Rose
Garden, and a few demos to send out to record companies. In 1988 they were
signed to A&M and well...now we have the first LP "The Innocence Mission"
and a 2nd on the way...(due out July 23rd) called "Umbrella."

There is tons of other info, but due to time I wont go into it. If you wish
to learn more, just ask and I will send you a list of articles that you can
check out at your local library.

Keith
mus0eka@cabell.vcu.edu