Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

How to Access via Compu$erve

From: nrc@cbema.att.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1991 09:47:05 -0800
Subject: How to Access via Compu$erve
To: att!eddie.MIT.EDU!love-hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Love-Hounds)

I'm pleased to report that The Big Sky BBS seems to be serving a
useful role for Kate Bush fandom.   For a while now folks without
access to the Love-Hounds archives have been calling to pick up GIFs
and such.   Now people who have just heard of Love-Hounds have started
calling to check it out and often seek full access.  Normally I try to
suggest a nearby public access USENET site for people to contact to
get full access to Love-Hounds.

Unfortunately, these sites are often still a toll call and the closest
access is sometimes long distance.  At that point the only alternative
I can suggest is that the person use Compuserve.  I'm not a Compuserve
subscriber so I don't know exactly what's involved.

Could someone who has signed up for the mailing list through Compuserve
provide some "how-to" instructions that I can pass along to people
considering that option?  Some information about the charges involved
would also help them wiegh the costs involved.

Thanks in advance!

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbema!nrc
                                          nrc@cbema.att.com