Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Terry Pratchett about KaTe Bush

From: Klaus Kluge <kkluge@Materna.DE>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1991 00:46:23 -0800
Subject: Terry Pratchett about KaTe Bush
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

A couple of months ago somebody wrote about the novel 'Eric' by Terry Pratchett
(author of the Discword series), where he mentions KaTe Bush albums in a
footnote (he loves footnotes).

According to the story the universe doesn't always start with small and simple
things, but sometimes with quite complex ones. Old KaTe Bush albums are
one of them.

This weekend I visited a local Science Fiction Convention which hosted
Terry Pratchett as one of the Guests of Honour (together with Anne McCaffrey,
Ian Watson & Paul Williams). So I took the chance to ask him about that and
see if he is a KaTe fan as well. Unfortunately he isn't, but the story behind
it is still worth to be written down.

For one thing he noticed that when he is doing a random selection from his
record collection KaTe Bush albums seem to have a much higher chance.

The other story he told is that when he wants to get a tape to listen in
the car he looks for one at the patrol station. And from the selection there
KaTe Bush and Queen tapes (note: he's talking about Britain here) are the only
ones where he doesn't risk to vomit.

Talking about what music he really liked he told me that he is a big fan of
Lena Lovich and also likes Meat Loaf and R.E.M..

PS: If there are more fans of the discworld who like to hear more anectodes
from the discworld & Terry Pratchett, let me know. I could write some more
details and email them to you.

       |  "Tell me all the plans you have for the great beyond.  |
       |  Will you be physical again, or be a cosmic vagabond."  |
       |                               --- Happy Rhodes ---      |
       |  Klaus "cosmic vagabond" Kluge       kkluge@Materna.DE  |