Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Place names and Cathy

From: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1991 07:53:46 -0800
Subject: Place names and Cathy
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Ron "fingers" Hill had some problems with place names in some
of the (many) interviews he has kindly been typing in.  I know they
are only very minor things (like children's addresses) but I can
help with some.

>Date:   Mon, 10 Jun 1991 00:16:32 -0800
>Subject: MTV raw footage interview
>
>K: It is a beautiful place.  It's the Veil of The White Horse, in
>England.  And the director was Julien Doyle.

That should be The Vale of The White Horse.

>Date:   Thu, 13 Jun 1991 00:29:49 -0800
>Subject: Ask Aspel
>of Hampton Hills, Micheal Burch of Wetherby, and Soleen Meean of Vardbee [I
>have no idea if these names are right]

Derby could have been misheard as Vardbee

>I: Yes.  Well it's a haunting song, certainly.  Well now we've got
>something for Rebecca Maycok of Darbey

This one is Derby.

>I: OK, well lets hear another song from you.  Not live this time,
>we've got it recorded.  It's at the special request of Karen and Tracey of
>Glasga, Gary Ackinson of Gateshead, and Loranda Richardson of Redding.

These are Glasgow ... and Reading.

> I: Well, here's another one from Cameron Underwood of Shefield.

This is spelt Sheffield.

P.S. Ron - don't worry I can't even spell Knew Yawk!

>Subject: Re: Cathy
>From article <2773@cruzio.santa-cruz.ca.us>, by mscott@uunet.UU.NET (Michael
 Scott):
> Several years ago, there was a large discussion regarding "Cathy", the
> book about kate by her own brother, John Carder Bush.

I remember reading in the last issue of the KBC newsletter that the
book had now sold out completely. I do not know whether they may reprint
it in the future. Your best chance is to find a Kate fan who has fallen
on hard times and is desperate enough to sell this prized article. Also,
as Richard points out, it is really a book of photographs of the young Cathy
and not a biography of Kate.

Neil

--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk