Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

FTPing Cloudbusting!!!!!!!

From: barger@ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1991 08:08:17 -0800
Subject: FTPing Cloudbusting!!!!!!!
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

This is ridiculous!!! In four days I've gotten only two responses saying
they would need Cloudbusting emailed because they couldn't FTP it-- is the
demand really that low?  Do people understand the question?  If they do,
then let's forget about the posting-plan!

Most people working off Unix machines should be able to give a series of
commands like:
ftp freddie.mit.edu
cd /its/in/here
get cloudbusting

and the whole meg-n-a-half will be on their system in a matter of seconds.
If everyone feels comfortable with this, it will save a huge long clog to
the newsgroup and mailing list.

I did get one despondent respondent reporting on his attempts to ftp:

> I have had problems transferring the lyrics,
>essays etc files (with the error "not a plain file").

Any diagnoses?