Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Happy UnMusical poll results (tentative)

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1991 05:24:46 -0800
Subject: Happy UnMusical poll results (tentative)
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

I'm sure not all the votes are in, but the ratio has been pretty stable for
a couple of days: not quite 2-1 in favor of Happy (23-14 just now-- 62%).
Slightly more evenly divided (17-12, 59%) for _losing_ the List of Musical
Lists.

Vickie actually loves the idea of Happy having her own list, but doesn't
want to see her banished entirely, I'm sure-- just using the list for long/
obscure info.

I have sent the following query to the Musical list-server:
>The readers of rec.music.gaffa have voted (tentatively, at least) to
>unsubscribe from the Musical List.  I trust this is no problem?  Can
>individuals without net access subscribe individually?  What other
>newsgroups do you regularly post to?  Is it possible we could
>subscribe to a service that only reported _changes_ to the list?

And I've added this paragraph to the monthly post:
>Katefans are generally the nicest people you could hope to meet, but
>r.m.g. does erupt fairly regularly into classic Usenet flamewar-
>behavior, most recently on the question of whether Katenews was being
>unfairly swamped by discussion of Happy Rhodes.  Newcomers can rest
>assured that you are welcome to participate, and that if you feel
>ignored or incinerated you can safely assume it's nothing personal, and
>persist until you feel accepted... for you will be.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!