Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

samples

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1991 06:25:54 -0800
Subject: samples
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Jorn, in talking of sampling some Happy Rhodes for someone, mentioned that
he has a sample of th X4 oddity.

I myself have a bunch of KaTe samples.

So, the obvious question to our pseudo-moderator is:  how about setting up
a directory in the archives for KaTe samples?  Something like pub/love-hounds/
kb/sounds

For those interested, most of my samples are already in the archives...just
difficult to find.  The file "ktsample.arc" (I think that's the right name)
is in pub/love-hounds/kb/pix/gif.new  Obviously, you'll need an ARChive program
to extract the seperate files (there are quite a few in there).

A lot of my samples were digitized for the purpose of becomign system beeps;
for a long time I used the "yeah" from the end of L&A.  For the past, oh
6 months or so, I've been using "wake up, luv" from the montage at the
beginning of "Waking the Witch."  At some point I hope to get all of those
seperate voices digitized.
'
I'm always open to suggestions of short clips to sample, if you've got
any requests, just send 'em to me.

Jeff