Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

chants

From: Jeff Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1991 09:03:53 -0800
Subject: chants
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Jorn writes:

>Maybe we should all take a deep breath, hold hands, and chant "Om" or
>something...

Shouldn't that be "om mani padme hum"?

(BTW, does anybody know exactly why KaTe used this in "Strange Phenomena"?
The very first time I heard the song I got really freaked out 'cause either
that day or the day before I'd finished reading Heinlein's _Fear No Evil_,
in which the "om mani padme hum" mantra is used quite a bit.  I'd never heard
the phrase before, and it was just a bit too much of a coincidence to read
the phrase for the first time and then suddenly hear it in a song about
strange phenomena)

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   | Time for you to / Be who you are."       |