Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kill file?

From: tlhouns@ns.PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1991 16:22:58 -0800
Subject: Re: Kill file?
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ns.PacBell.COM (Pacific Bell Netnews)

In article <9106111508.AA22429@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu> sjudge@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.EDU (Sean Judge) writes:
>I for one don't know if I have the kill file option.

If you're using 'rn' just try using the 'k' key.  You won't get any
more articles which match that subject line.  You can even edit the
pattern matching, if you want to make it general enough to get all
subject lines with 'Happy' in it.  If you're getting this via email,
sorry.  Write a program to edit it out, if you want.. shouldn't be too
hard.

>I don't understand why the posters of Happy info. can't just cut
>down on the things like the lyrics.  The lyrics are the most nuisance.

I have to completely disagree here.  I, for one, am VERY, VERY grateful
to Vickie -n- company for taking the time to provide us with lyrics to
Happy's music.  They aren't provided with her music, and her efforts
here have saved many of us who *like* Happy's music from going to the
trouble to transcribe them ourselves.  This digest has traditionally
been not just a KaTe forum.  Go back and look at the archives if you
don't believe me.  I remember lots of other artists taking up bandwidth
here, including Sinead 'O Conner, Jane Siberry, Peter Gabriel, Laurie
Anderson, etc..  The bottom line is just because *you* don't want to
read it, that doesn't mean the rest of us feel the same way.  The way I
see it, if KaTe's lyrics can be posted, then so can those of any other
artist we happen to be discussing.  If you don't want to see them, then
just unsuscribe.

-Lee