Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Q Sleevenotes (Hounds of Love)

From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1991 07:01:19 -0800
Subject: Re: Q Sleevenotes (Hounds of Love)
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9106052148.AA23745@triton.unm.edu>, sfreed@triton.unm.EDU (Steven Freed CIRT) writes:
> relph@presto.ig.com (John M. Relph) writes:
>
> > The latest issue of _Q_ magazine with the Q Sleevenotes for Kate's
> > _Hounds of Love_ (a five-star album) has finally shown up at Tower
> > Records in Mountain View, California.  They still have a few copies
> > left.
>
> Just out of curiousity, how are things like the Sleevenotes usually
> packaged with the magazine?  Every time I've heard about some Kate-related
> freebie coming with Q, none of the copies I can find ever seem to have it.

It looks like this sort of thing may not get put into the issues bound
for the U.S.  The copy we had held for us didn't include the sleeve
notes and the lady at the bookstore said that those kind of things are
never included.  Quite a rip-off considering that they do manage to
include an assortment of blow in cards for U.K. stores.  The sleeve
notes are mentioned on the cover but not the table of contents.

Fortunately one a U.K. Love-Hound has already reproduced the
"sleeve notes" here and it's no great loss.  I wouldn't let that
tabloid rubbish anywhere near my _Hounds of Love_ CD.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com