Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Who does this KaTe person think she is, anyway?

From: dwelch@devnull.mpd.tandem.com (Dan Welch)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1991 06:32:27 -0800
Subject: Who does this KaTe person think she is, anyway?
To: Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

What?  You mean this isn't a Happy Rhodes discussion forum?  Why are
some people complaining that She is getting such a teensy-weensy bit
of bandwidth, in preference to that Happy-wannabe, kAtE?  (Is that
how you people do it?)

Sorry, but I find the new backlog of anti-Happy messages (which,
incidently, I agree with) as silly as the original deluge of pro-Happy
ones.  What's the big deal?  Sooner or later, they'll all realize
that Happy, after all, is merely mortal.  Then, with faces red and
heads bowed down, will the masses come back to the true faith.  And
lo, we shall say unto them,

	TOLD YA SO.

Oops.  Mama raised me to be a preacher, but I don't think she had KaTe
in mind at the time.

| Daniel Welch			      | "Kate Bush is the sort of performer   |
| Tandem Computers, Inc.	      | for whom the word 'superstar' is      |
| Austin, TX, USA		      | belittling."			      |
| dwelch@devnull.mpd.tandem.com	      |		Mike Davies, _Melody_Maker_   |