Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe on Laserdisk???

From: tlhouns@ns.PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1991 15:16:46 GMT
Subject: Re: KaTe on Laserdisk???
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ns.PacBell.COM (Pacific Bell Netnews)

In article <9106052317.AA19256@das.llnl.gov> ed@das.llnl.GOV (Edward J. Suranyi) writes:
>TWS, _Live at Hammersmith_ and _The Single File_
>have all been available as Japanese imports for a long time, but as yet
>none have been released in the US on laserdisc.

This isn't exactly true.  Hammersmith is still available as a Japanese import, but the
others aren't.  I've been trying for a year now to order them from several laser stores
in San Francisco, to no avail.  These stores directly order from Japan, but everytime
I've placed an order it has come back "unavailable at this time."  That also goes for
"The Hair of the Hound" another Japanese laser disk you forgot to mention with the above.
I've even gone so far as to offer the store owners my firstborn if he can get the disks
for me.. even that didn't work!!

-Lee