Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Firesign Theatre (and Joyce)

From: relph@presto.ig.com (John M. Relph)
Date: 3 Jun 91 20:38:09 GMT
Subject: Re: Firesign Theatre (and Joyce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In the referenced article, REWOICC@ERENJ.BITNET (a long kebab through your ovaries) writes:
>R.L. McMillin informs us:
>>But... did you also know that
>>the Firesign Theater used that same speech in the end of their album,
>>"How Can You Be In Two Places At Once When You're Not Anywhere At All?"?
>>Of course, the effect is slightly *different*... the speaker is that
>>perpetual flimflam artist cum used-car salesman, Ralph Spoilsport...
>
>not on cd as far as i know (are there any firesign theatre releases on
>cd for that matter?).

Yes, _HCYBITPAOWYNAAA?_ is on CD, I think it's on a US Mobile Fidelity
CD, as are _Don't Crush That Dwarf Hand Me The Pliers_ and _We're All
Bozos On This Bus_.  _Eat or Be Eaten_ and _The Further Adventures of
Nick Danger_ have been out on CD in the US for some time and are
probably now out of print.

	-- John

"Every turning bends away..."
--
Don't worry about how your articles look.  Remember it's the message
that counts, not the way it's presented.  Ignore the fact that sloppy